Chuck Star Zachary Levi Speaks At Comic Con 2011
23/07/2011 | Nicholas Griffin | One Comment
The fictional hero of all of us nerds out their, Zachary Levi spoke at this years Comic-Con about the new series of Chuck and included some ok jokes to, if you don’t know what Chuck is, first thing I will say is where have you been? Chuck is a action-comady/spy-drama series developed in the US by Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak and is basically about how a ”average computer-whiz-next-door” who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working in the CIA.
Chuck has already been through 4 seasons and is about to go on to it’s 5th and depressingly final season, I have watched this TV since it is was first aired here in the UK and have enjoyed every epic moment of it and personally I cannot wait to watch season 5, hopefully even a season 6 if i’m lucky, if you havn’t watched it yet I advice you to, your guaranteed to love it.
Here’s a breakdown of what was said at the panel:
- Chris Fedak and the entire cast are very grateful for the ability to write their own ending. After all, look what happened to ALF when his series was cancelled. Poor ‘lil guy. Zachary Levi confesses that it’s a mixed blessing, and a little bittersweet for sure, but ultimately better than outright cancellation.
- So what’s Morgan like with the intersect? Jokingly, Joshua Gomez says that Morgan just wants to hurt people and take revenge. But in all seriousness, he’ll bring the goofiness to the concept, which has been what the show was about from the beginning.
- Yvonne Strahovski confesses she’ll be looking forward to a bit of a break as Mrs. Bartowski, with Morgan being the new action star.
- So what of the rumors of Casey finding a new love interest? With Chuck starting his own spy agency,Carmichael Industries, the team will face competition from rival agency Burbansky Industries, headed up by Gertrude Burbanski, who has yet to be cast but provides romantic and professional competition for Casey!
- Gotta love Chuck’s ever-expanding roster of guest stars. Who might force the team into a difficult position as a villain of the season premiere? Why Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill!
- General Beckman will definitely return, but with Chuck running his own agency, expect the team to run afoul o people they’ve worked with in the past, including the CIA.
- Ryan McPartlin believes it would be selfish of Captain Awesome to re-enter the spy world given newborn baby Clara, but the writers always find a way. And Ellie in on Chuck’s secret, Chris Fedak asserts that Ellie and Awesome will be a big factor in the business.
- Evidently, Jeff and Lester will have a big falling out this season, as “this is the season where everything changes.” However, there will be at least one Jeffster number before the end of the year.
- Uh-oh! Someone might not survive this season, “an dit’s gonna be big!”
- How would the cast end the show, given a choice? Adam Baldin says he’s still not convinced it will end this year, Ryan McPartlin would love a feature trilogy, while Vik Sahay wants a glorious death! Big Mike just thinks it should end funny.
- Chris would love to have Linda Hamilton back on the show, and they’re still breaking stories for the second half of the season.
- And hey, there could always be a spinoff, or a movie!
- As chuck’s last year at comic-con, the crowd appropriately granted the cast a standing ovation.