Planet Of The Apps Infographic,
13/07/2012 | Guest
The world of mobile applications has really taken off over the last 4 years. From just 25,000 apps available in 2009, Apple now have over 600,000 and this figure is continuing to rise rapidly with each passing day. From being a novelty a few years ago, apps are now considered by many to be an essential part of modern life and lots of people would feel lost without them. There are thousands of different types of apps. You can download apps that organise your social networking accounts, ones which allow you to video call people from across the other side of the world, ones that will lead you to your favourite restaurant in a city that you’ve never been to before, and many more.
The Moneysupermarket mobile broadband team have delved into the Planet of the Apps to see exactly how popular modern mobile applications truly are.
Check it out below:
- Instapaper Acquired By Betaworks, Owner of Digg
- Traktor DJ App Now Available on the iPhone 4S and 5
- Windows Phone 8 Finally Gets a YouTube App
- Kickstarter Start-Up, Pixel Press Lets You Draw A Video Game In Real Life and Then Play It, No Coding Required
- Microsoft Confirms Windows Blue is Coming, Will Allow For Smaller Screens