A couple of weeks ago we heard news that Apple will be releasing a new standalone Podcasts app, well it seems that was spot on as that’s exactly what they have just done, the app requires iOS 5.31 or later and supports the iPhone 3GS+, iPod Touch 4th Gen+ and every version of the iPad.
Discover. Subscribe. Play. All in the new Podcasts app. tw.appstore.com/2RX
— App Store(@AppStore) June 26, 2012
The new application basically brings you an easier way of finding new podcasts on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad just by looking through the Podcasts catalog, here are all of the features from Apple’s description:
– Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
– Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
– Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
– Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
– Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
– Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
– Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
– Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
– Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
– Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
– Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
Via [App Store]