It’s been quite a short period of time since the official outing of Assassin’s Creed 3, but already we have seen story after story leaked or describing some new feature of the gameplay, story characters, weapons, locations, and a bit about multiplayer. But so far there is yet to be any news regarding specific console gameplay options.
However Nintendo Power have changed all of that recently, by revealing details on what the Wii U version of the game will be able to do, and we have gotta say it looks pretty cool:
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Personally, I love the way Nintendo have managed to integrate this great looking game with this great looking console, but I’m not to sure whether the integration with the Wii U story will kinda ruin the Assassin’s Creed story, Assassin’s Creed 3 is set for release on the 30th o October or PS3 and XBOX, but so far no news on a Wii U release date.