At Gamescon today, EA and DICE today confirmed Battlefield 4 Premium, which is a membership program much like the one for Battlefield 3, and contains a number of DLC packs to be included with the game, as well as granting users access to the early beta.
There’s a total of five packs included, here’s their names and descriptions:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault — Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising — Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike — Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth — The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand — Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Alongside this, signing up to the premium service will also grant you a two-week early access to each of these expansions, as well as to the games beta in early October.
You also get extra personalization options that includes camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more, as well as a priority position in server queues, new weekly content, 12 Battlefield 4 Battlepacks and the ability to transfer membership between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One or the PS3 and PS4.
Battlefield 4 will launch on October 29th for the Xbox 360, PS3 a PC, launching on the Xbox One and PS4 at a later date.