The BBC have today announced that their iPlayer Radio application is now available on the Android platform, available for download on any device running the OS, alongside Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablets.
As Android no longer uses Flash, the app uses HTTP Live Streaming technology to play radio stations, and can be used with an alarm function, so you can wake up to your favorite station.
- Set the alarm and wake up with your favourite DJ or programme.
- Spin through the touchscreen dial and listen live to the whole range of BBC Radio stations.
- Swipe to reveal on-demand catch-up content and videos on every station page.
- Set programme reminders to ensure you never miss favourite shows and add tracks to favourites.
- Easily discover what tracks are playing and share with friends.
For the full list and details, check out the BBC’s announcement post here.