The Official Charts Company have today revealed that over one billion digital tracks have been downloaded legally in the UK, a number which was reached on Monday, after a long 10 years of the services being available.
With the process of downloading a song becoming a lot easier, I expect that this number has only really risen over the last couple of years, something that is backed up by the O.C.C who say that three million tracks are now downloaded a week, and during the year 2012, a total of 188.6 million songs were downloaded, the favorite artist within which was of course Adele, who topped the charts with her song, Someone Like You.
Here’s the top ten for all of those downloaded tracks:
1. Adele – Someone Like You
2. Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger
3. Gotye ft Kimbra – Somebody I Used To Know
4. Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
5. Rihanna ft Calvin Harris – We Found Love
6. Kings Of Leon – Sex On Fire
7. Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe
8. LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
9. Bruno Mars – Just The Way You Are (Amazing)
10. Jessie J – Price Tag