A new robot arm was posted online today, it uses a variety of Arduno hardware pieces, along with a Microsoft Kinect sensor to allow you to control the robot arm with gestures.
To make those movements, the robot arm has been developed with a number of Servo Motors in order to replicate the movements of the right arm shoulder, elbow, and various hand movements.
Check it out in the video below, it’s pretty cool.
Here’s the full hardware components and software used to create the project:
– Arduino Mega 2560
– Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360
– Microsoft Xbox Kinect Adapter
– Adafruit Servo Motor
– SparkFun USB to Serial Breakout – FT232RL
– Solderless Breadboard Full Size
– Jumper wires (generic)
– Arduino IDE
– Microsoft Kinect for Windows SDK v1.6
– Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1
– MATLAB 2013a