We have been talking about Apple’s upcoming campus for quite soon time now, called Apple Park, Apple will be moving their employees into the campus this month, however, we still haven’t received a closer look than what we can see from overhead drone footage.
Today that has changed because a gamer named Alex Westerlund decided to create his own look at the Apple Park in Minecraft, with cubes….
He explained more about it with the following:
My humble tribute to Apple, I present Apple Park! After 413 hours of work starting in December 2015, here is the result. It started out as a simple project, something to do when I binged on Minecraft, but it slowly evolved into a full time project, with over 166 hours of work put in during the final month of the project.
What drew me to this is my appreciation for end to end design and a crazy idea in my head that said ‘Hey let’s build the world’s curviest campus in a video game based on cubes.’
He also revealed some of the specifications for the build, which includes:
- It’s a 1:1 full scale replica
- This is built entirely by hand (no mods)
- It’s terrain-accurate, based off topographical maps of Cupertino and the official landscaping plans
- Each hill, path, and orchard are true to the construction plans, down the the placement of each handcrafted cherry tree.
- All the general areas are fully furnished (so, the fitness center, atriums, cafes, maintenance building, Glendenning Barn, everywhere but the office space)
- There are 28 cafes spread throughout main building, plus 2 outdoor cafes, 1 (presumably healthy) cafe in the fitness center, and of course the main cafeteria.
- A megabuild is any Minecraft build utilizing at least one million blocks (people kept wondering).
Check out his hard work in the video below.