Today Ikea revealed that they are now offering solar panels and home batteries for use with those solar panels, both of which can be purchased by customers from the Scandinavian furniture chain ‘s stores in the UK as part of their partnership with the solar firm Solarcentry.

With this, they are offering solar panels and battery storage with prices from £3,000, which may seem like a lot, however, solar panels and especially batteries on top of those panels can help you save a lot of money.

Ikea says that the average solar panel home uses around 40 percent of their generated solar panels but with a battery on top you will be able to store the remaining 60 percent for later or sell it back to the National Grid. Ikea did also state that a home can double its solar electricity usage to 60 percent with these new batteries and cut their electricity bills by up to 70 percent.

In terms of actual money, Ikea says that a home can save up to £560 a year.

That all said, the home batteries that they are using with this can also be purchased separately and they have been designed to work with existing solar panels, however to have storage retrofitted it will cost you from £5,000.

Susannah Wood, the head of residential solar at Solarcentury said the following about the launch:

“We’re committed to helping homeowners reap the benefits of going solar and our business partnership with IKEA is a significant step forwards for the renewable energy industry. The cost of solar installations has dropped considerably in recent years and is in fact 100 times cheaper than it was 35 years ago. We believe IKEA and Solarcentury are bringing the most competitive package to the market yet so more people than ever before can profit financially and environmentally by producing their own energy.”

Hege Saebjornsen, Country Sustainability Manager, IKEA UK & Ireland also added the following:

“At IKEA we’re always looking for ways to help customers take positive actions at home for both the environment and their wallets. We know that our customers want to live more sustainably and together with Solarcentury we will help them to get more value from their solar panels and do just that. With energy bills already going up 15% this year****, there’s never been a better time for customers to take back control of their electricity bills and maximise their savings by switching to solar and solar storage.”

You can read more about the launch at the source link below.

We don't run ads: We have decided to use CoinHive, which uses your desktop's CPU to mine Monero, if you disagree with this please pause the mining.
Mining Percentage: 0%
Total Accepted Hashes: 0 (0 H/s)
Ok + - Stop