Literally hundreds of people die on the track a year, its an unfortunate fact and something that a lot of train companies are trying to stop.
Back in November 2012 the Australian produced a video, I am sure you have heard of, dubbed Dumb Ways to Die, it quickly became viral reaching highs of 47 million, making it one of the most popular YouTube videos of all time, and now it’s a game too.
The game launched earlier this month on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, completely free it has been designed with the same objective as the video, trying to raise awareness about the risks of train lines.
Basically you play rounds whereby you must protect the characters from one of the many dumb ways to die such as protecting the private parts from piranhas, wiping up vomit and feeding rattlesnakes, the longer you can do it for the more points you get, however the time limit to do these tasks will get faster as you play longer.
Here’s their description from the app page:
– Why is his hair on fire? Who cares, just RUN!
– Quickly wipe your screen free of puke
– Balance that wobbling glue eater
– Flick the piranhas out of range of those precious private parts
– Swat wasps before it’s too late
– Best not invite that psycho killer inside
– Carefully remove forks from toasters
– Help self-taught pilots
– Get back from the edge of the platform you fools
– Have patience at level crossings
– No crossing the tracks! Not even for balloons!
– And who knew rattlesnakes were so picky about mustard?
As you complete these objectives you can earn certain new rewards for the game itself, such as new characters on your train station, and even your copy of the dumb ways to die video.
Overall it’s a great game, and something you should certainly try out for yourself, you can download it for free from the app store today.