Keeping to their word, EA have today unveiled the next installment in their football game, FIFA 14, which includes a few new features to entice gamers, one of which is called “Pure Shot” which will allow players to adjust their stride and approach angle for the best position when scoring a goal, which will accompany new shot types like pure strikes, off-balance and rushed shots, with new real ball physics to determine the trajectories of balls, allowing player to kick a ball with force from a distance as well as low rising shots with accuracy, alongside blast dripping or turbulent shots.
There’s also increased ball protection features that will allow you to block defenders from the ball whilst dribbling at speed, or even out-muscle a defender before they receive a pass.
Teammates are also smarter, with better decision-making logic, as well as smarter marker and run tracking, there’s also new turn in every direction features allowing players to move in any direction at sprint speed and still preserve momentum
Skilled players will also have better touch and control when sprinting.
Here’s the rest of the features to be featured.
- Changes to the wildly popular FIFA Ultimate Team
- Global Scouting Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. You can now develop and refine a scouting network to search for talent year-round.
- A new online Mode that will encourage social competition
- Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
- Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.
FIFA 14 will launch on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC later this year, with more platforms being revealed in the coming months.