With a lot of games becoming older and less popular EA has decided to shut down the online game servers for 11 different titles, this will mean that on the 13th of April you will not be able to access online features for these particular games:
- BOOM BLOX Bash Party for Wii
- Burnout™ Revenge for Xbox 360
- EA Create for PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
- EA Sports Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
- EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for Wii
- FIFA 10 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
- The Godfather™ II for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- MMA for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Need for Speed™ ProStreet for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- The Saboteur™ (loss of The Midnight Club access) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Spare Parts for PlayStation 3 Xbox 360
Makes sense right? No… Granted a lot of these games are old and extremely unpopular but why does that mean EA can shut their servers down, in our view as long as there is still people forking out for their online game passes, they should be able to use online features, we get that EA could be losing some money on running these particular servers but where will it end, yeah currently they are aiming at these unfortunate games but what happens when it’s one of your favourite new games?
What do you think about this? Should EA Be Allowed to do this?