Today a startup named Nakamichi released a brand new project on the Indiegogo crowdfunding website for a set of wireless headphones that have been enhanced with artificial intelligence technology.
The headphones are called EDGE and are described as a “fusion of superior sound quality and unprecedented hearing protection” with “next generation” dual speaker drivers and AI sound enhancement.
Nakamichi sats that this will provide a better listening experience with enhanced frequencies, better tonal quality and more, including protection against hearing loss thanks to its intelligent and automatically adjust and alert about sound.
The headphones are also capable of blocking out sound from the outside world via the four noise cancelling mics that are installed on the headphones.
Here’s the full spec list:
– Earcups: Over-The-Ear
– Ear cushions & headband: Protein leather
– Frequency response: 10Hz – 20 kHz
– Sound pressure level: Passive – 1kHz.1Vrms
– Impedance: 10? @ 1kHz
– Advanced Noise Cancellation: 1 Feed-Forward & 1 Feed-Back microphone on each earcup
– Battery life: 14 hours (when LED lights are off)
– Charging time: Approx. 4 hours
– Microphone: Directivity: Omni-directional, Sensitivity: -36dB ±3dB, Impedance: 2.2K?
– Dimensions & weight: Headphones: 7.5? H x 6? W x 0.9? D (6.9 oz)
– Cancels noise at a broader range of frequencies
– Cancels even more noise (up to 30dB reduction)
– The Feedback microphone inside earcup provides an additional step of improving noise cancellation accuracy
– Not sensitive to how the listener wears the headphones
– Clearer phone calls
Check out the video below to take a quick look at the headphones and be sure to hit up the source link below that to find out more and to back the project if you are interested.