Titled “The Foundation Update”, it will come with a range of new features including the ability to farm, create bases, buy bigger freighters, and much more.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Claim your home planet by finding an uninhabited base and creating your own, fully bespoke outpost.
- Construct your homestead for shelter, using modular structures and decorations, replicated from resources gathered while exploring
- Recruit alien lifeforms to help research new technology. Farming, engineer, weapons and science specialists are hirable from Space Stations
- Use Terminus Teleporters in Space Stations to teleport to and from your base at will
- Expand your base with storage containers to stockpile precious resources and rare products
- Find an even more beautiful location and you can simply dismantle your previous homestead to refund all of the spent resources
- Cultivate biome dependent crops outdoors, or inside your base or Freighter using Hydroponic Labs
- Plants grow over time and offer a steady supply of resources to be harvested
- Hire a farming specialist to research and grow ten new plant types, and discover new resource elements
- Players can now build essential equipment in the field on-planet
- Place save points anywhere in the world, crucial for Survival mode
- Automated Harvesters gather resources from mineral deposits in your absence
- Waypoints can be placed and colour-coded to allow explorers to return to discoveries
- Communications Terminals allow explorers to leave sub-space messages for others to find
- Discover nearby mineral deposits, uninhabited bases or suit upgrades with the use of a Signal Scanner
You can check out the video below for a quick look at the update:
You can also find out more about the update at the source link below.
Source: No Man’s Sky