Back in May of this year Steam began their list of games to be released on Steam via its GreenLight program, one of those games ended up being Game Dev Tycoon which has today been revealed for launch on August 29th.
To celebrate their games release onto the Steam store, Green Heart Games (the developers on Game Dev Tycoon) also announced that they will updating the game with a few new features including:
- A longer story line, extending the playtime and adding new story elements as well as new platforms.
- New artwork (by our original talented artists).
- Ability to unlock multi-platform games.
- Rebalanced topics and platforms to make choices more interesting and results more understandable.
- Rebalanced review system to address sudden spikes in difficulty.
- New game mechanics (Post-release game reports and company expertise) to provide more feedback to the player.
- Small but often requested changes such as support for longer game names and ability to edit game name before release.
- And much more: A full change log is available here.
Game Dev Tycoon will launch on Steam on August 29th, available with a launch discount for $7.99 in the US, after which the price will go back up to the usual $9.99 price tag, for both PC and Mac with a version for Linux expected to be launched some time after.
And to top it off, the developer also announced plans to provide Steam keys to those who have already purchased the game.