Today Google updated their Google Home system to be capable of recognizing each person in your household individually and switching to their set account and preferences, allowing them to get information on the news, weather, schedule, and more in a more personal manner, as well as access their own music preferences.
From today, Google Home will let you set up to six people with one Google Home speaker.
Check out the video below for a quick look:
Here’s how to get started with the new multiple user feature:
- Download the latest version of the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Open the app and look for a card within that says “multi-user is available”, or click the icon on the top right to see a list of all of your connected devices.
- On either of these, you can then select your Google Home device and then click on the “Link your account” button.
Train Google Assistant
- Once you have completed these steps, Google Home will prompt you to train Google Assistant so that is can learn and recognize your voice.
- Say the phrases that it prompts you to say, which will be “Ok Google” and “Hey Google” for a number of times.
- Now you just need to set up your preferences from the Google Home app.
You then repeat this for every user that you want to have access to your Google Home device.