Kickstarter has just officially launched in the UK, and obviously the first project we want to cover is one that has something to do with the Great British computing company, Raspberry Pi who have been working on a new project called the Picade and Picade Mini which are desktop arcade cabinets ready to work with the Raspberry Pi and made in the UK.
The great part is that these cabinets come in kit form, allowing you to build the whole thing at home, all you need is the Raspberry Pi a screwdriver and a pair of pliers and your officially Mr.DIY Man.
Once built, the Picade can be used to play any games or emulators you choose, all you have to do is load them on your Pi and you’re away, but you’re probably wondering what’s included in this kit, so we have added that information below (Provided by Kickstarter):
- Cabinet panels and fasteners
- LCD panel mount with protective overlay
- LCD panel and driver board with inputs (at least 8″ for the Picade Mini and 12″ for the Picade)
- Amplifier and speakers
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Panel mounted video input socket (allows you to use your Picade as a second display for your computer or laptop)
- A proper arcade stick
- Illuminated microswitch arcade buttons (at least 4 on the Picade Mini and 6 on the Picade)
- All other required components and cables
- Any software we can LEGALLY supply in terms of emulators and drivers for the Raspberry Pi
- An awesomely hackable product 🙂
But don’t forget to check out the link below, which will take you to the Picade’s Kickstarter page where you can find more information, videos and of course pledge to grab one for yourself.