Kickstarter has this week announced that it has helped over 100,000 projects to get successfully funded since it was first launched in 2009.
The 100,000th project was a photography project called “Falklands/Malvinas: One War, all Wars”, which reached its goal earlier this week.
Kickstarter announced this news in a blog post, revealed 100 interesting facts about the platform.
It still takes tremendous courage to step out on a limb, and try to create something entirely new. But from where we stand, the state of creativity is more encouraging than ever. To celebrate this milestone we took a look at 100 numbers behind those first 100,000 successfully funded projects. It’s a list that reflects some of the best and brightest qualities of the Kickstarter community, and the creative spirit that animates it.
Here are the top 10 of those facts.
1. Number of successfully funded Kickstarter projects from our launch on April 28, 2009 to February 7, 2016: 100,000.
2. Number of creative categories and subcategories that those projects represent — from Architecture to Zines: 165.
3. Time it took to reach the first 100 successfully funded projects: 121 days.
4. Time it took to reach the last 100 successfully funded projects: 3 days.
5. Number of creators who launched those 100,000 projects: 86,101.
6. Number of creators who have launched more than one successfully funded project on Kickstarter: 8,539.
7. Highest number of successfully funded projects by a single creator: 94.
8. Number of successfully funded projects launched by current Kickstarter employees: 40.
9. Percentage of successfully funded creators who have also backed someone else’s Kickstarter project: 70.58%.
10. Number of creators who have pledged more money to other Kickstarter projects than they raised for their own funded projects: 803.
You can read more about all of these statistics and more at the source link below.