Apple has been releasing the beta for iOS 11 periodically, providing the common user with the chance to check out the latest version without having to register as a developer.
But it isn’t just iOS. They also have a new version of macOS which will be released soon and has also been given the beta treatment.
In particular, it is for macOS High Sierra, which is the latest desktop OS from Apple for their Mac and MacBook systems and comes with a range of features that are sure to change how you use these products.
The beta is now on its 6th version for developers and public beta users.
Here’s how to get started with the public beta of High Sierra:
- Head over to Apple’s beta site here.
- Sign up for the beta program or just sign in if you already did that.
- Then head over to this page.
- Click the button to download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- Run the installer.
- Head over to the Mac App Store and download High Sierra from the updates page.
And that’s it, you’re ready to go with the latest version of macOS.
If you are a developer then you will need to download the beta from Apple’s Developer Portal.
[Updated with the release of beta 6.]