Microsoft has today unveiled a new accessory for the Xbox One, a digital TV tuner that allows users to watch live TV on their console without having to plug in a separate set-top box.
The TV tuner will first launch in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK for €29.99 and will work by plugging into a spare USB port on the Xbox One itself.
Once plugged in, the user will be able to watch free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television channels without having to change TV inputs, they can also watch TV whilst they are in a different app with the Snap mode.
Here’s a full explanation of all the features:
– TV Viewing in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
– Pause Live TV: Pause your favorite show when you get up to take a break.
– TV Listings in the OneGuide: TV listings will be available in the OneGuide. From anywhere, say “Xbox show guide, what’s on BBC One?” to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings.
– Favorite Channels in the OneGuide: Create your own personal Favorites in the OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
– Channel Tuning by Voice: The OneGuide allows you to call out your favorite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly.
– The OneGuide on Xbox SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new Xbox SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
– TV On Demand: TV listings in the OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
Source: Xbox Wire