Nvidia revealed a serious design flaw with some of its Shield tablets on Friday, issuing a voluntary recall for all of the affected Shield tablets.
These include any Nvidia Shield 8-inch tablet that was sold between July 2014 and July 2015, and according to Nvidia the reason for the recall is due to the possibility of the battery in the tablet overheating, and thus posing a fire hazard.
Because of this they advise that you do not use your Nvidia Shield tablet at all from now on, unless you wish to back-up your device before sending it back.
You can find out if your Nvidia Shield tablet is affected by identifying its battery type, to so all you have to do is the following:
- From the Home screen in Android, select the Apps icon
- Select the Settings icon
- Scroll down, select About tablet
- Select Status
- Under the “Battery” category, you’ll see Y01 or B01
- If B01, your unit is NOT affected by this recall
- If Y01, your unit needs to be replaced. Please select Y01 to launch the recall application on the device
Nvidia has said that they will replace any recalled tablet free of charge, all you need to do is visit the source link below.