Today Oculus announced the launch of a new update to the Oculus Rift headset that will bring a number of new features, tweaks, and enhancements.
This new version update is 1.17 and brings a number of new features to the Home Platform, which can now launch all of the apps that support the Rift and even that that you can acquire from apps outside of the Rift such as from Steam.
Here are the full details about the update:
Oculus 1.17 Features:
– You can now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus system software, from the Updates screen in Library.
– You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.
– Parties for Rift: In Oculus Home or Universal Menu, select a friend and choose Invite to Party. Friends in your party can chat with you across Rift apps, or wherever you go in VR. Each party can support a total of 4 people at a time.
– Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool.
Oculus Bug Fixes :
– Fixed an issue where reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn’t fully restore functionality after being disconnected.
– Fixed an issue with lens slider settings not being respected in some situations.
– Fixed an issue with the floor shifting while you’re in VR.
– Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
You can also read more about it at the source link below.