Microsoft’s AR headset, the HoloLens has been slowly announced for some time now, with Microsoft only teasing a few details every now and again, there wasn’t much that we knew about the headset before today.
However, Microsoft has since decided to update is on the Microsoft HoloLens, ending any rumours that have cropped up about its specifications.
To do this, Microsoft has today released a full specifications list for the Microsoft HoloLens, providing detail on its processor, on-board storage, RAM, screens and cameras.
Here they are:
– Custom-built Microsoft Holographic Processing Unit (HPU 1.0)
– See-through holographic lenses (waveguides)
– 2 HD 16:9 light engines
– 1 IMU
– 4 environment understanding cameras
– 1 depth camera
– 1 2MP photo / HD video camera
– Mixed reality capture
– 4 microphones
– 1 ambient light sensor
– OS : Windows 10.0.11802.1033 32-bit
– CPU : Intel Atom x5-Z8100 1.04 GHz Intel Airmont (14nm) 4 Logical Processors 64-bit capable
– GPU/HPU : HoloLens Graphics
– GPU Vendor ID :8086h (Intel)
– Dedicated Video Memory : 114 MB
– Shared System Memory : 980 MB
– RAM : 2GB
– Storage 64GB (54.09 GB available)
– App Memory Usage Limit : 900 MB
– Battery :16,500 mWh
– Camera Photos :2.4 MP (2048×1152)
– Camera Video : 1.1 MP (1408×792)
– Video Speed : 30 FPS
We don’t yet know when Microsoft’s HoloLens will be available, but we do know that it will be priced at around $3,000 when it does launch.
As we hear more about it, we will be sure to let you know.