Today EA revealed some more details about the upcoming beta for their upcoming sequel to the Battlefront series, Star Wars: Battlefront II.
With this reveal, EA noted the dates and details for the release of the beta, which will kick off on October 4th for those people who have pre-ordered Star Wars: Battlefront II.
For those who haven’t pre-ordered the game, the beta will open on October 6th.
For everyone, it will end on October 9th.
During this time, players will be able to play the Galactic Assault on Naboo and the Multiplayer Starfighter Assault. Unfortunately, we don’t know much about what that Multiplayer Starfighter Assault will entail, however, they did say that more will be revealed during the Gamescom event later this year.
They did reveal more about the Galactic Assault with the following:
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more
You can also check out the previously released gameplay trailer below.