During an earnings call earlier today, EA’s CFO Blake Jorgensen has announced the publishers plan to release Star Wars Battlefront 2.

This is a result of the success of the first game, Stars Wars battlefront.

That news was also announced during the earnings call, in which EA revealed that the original game has shipped a massive 14 million copies since the game’s launch last year on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Gamespot went further with the Battlefront 2 announcement, revealing that it will have bigger and better world’s and more, here’s what they wrote about it:

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said during an earnings call that Battlefront 2 will have “bigger and better worlds.” He added that it will make use of content from “the new movies,” though he didn’t name any outright. The first Battlefront only featured content from the original Star Wars trilogy.

Also during the call, Jorgensen said EA plans to release one new Star Wars game every year for the next three to four years. The Battlefront sequel will come out “next year,” he said. It’s unclear if he was referring to calendar year 2017 or EA’s next fiscal year. Fiscal year 2017 just started on April 1. We have followed up with Electronic Arts in an attempt to get more details.

Additionally, Jorgensen confirmed that the Star Wars action game from Dead Space studio Visceral and Motive is coming during the next year, but again, we don’t know if he meant calendar or fiscal. On top of that, Jorgensen mentioned Titanfall developer Respawn’s recently announced third-person action-adventure Star Wars game, but did not provide any details on when it would launch.

You can read more at the link below.

Via: Gamespot

This article may include links to affilates, and if you click on one of these affilate links, we may recieve commission.