After announcing the release of title update 7 a few weeks ago, Mojang have today announced new details for the update that actually make the update a lot more interesting, with features such as animal breeding, brewing, enchanting and more importantly experience points.
The full details are below.
Alongside Title Update 7, Mojang also mentioned the “The End” will be coming in Title Update 8.
- Animal Breeding – feed two of the same animals a particular food and they’ll “kiss” and like magic a little baby animal will appear. Cute!
- Brewing – You’ll be able to make Potions! Pull up a Brewing Stand and experiment.
- Experience Points – Now you can collect Experience Orbs from mining, killing mobs, breeding and using Furnaces. Experience is used for Enchanting!
- Enchanting – A new process which uses your Experience points to grant special abilities to armor, tools and weapons. You’ll need to craft yourself an Enchantment table to get started.
- Mushroom Biome – A new type of land where the humble mushroom is king. New block Mycelium can be found here and Mooshrooms! Try growing yourself a giant mushroom.
- Nether Fortresses – a structure that can appear in the Nether, bringing new blocks to the game too. Nether Fortresses are the Nether equivalent of Strongholds. Look out for the Blaze which can found in these new structures, they’ve got a habit of shooting out fire.
- Skin animations – Some of your skins will have new animations (optional) to give them a bit more life and personality of their own. It’s something new and something that will be expanded upon as we do future updates, even older skins might get given their own animations as time goes on, so keep a look out for them in the future too. You may also notice that skins can have hats, and stuff…
Added New Items:
- Blaze Rod
- Ghast Tear
- Gold Nugget
- Nether Wart
- Glass Bottle
- Water Bottle
- Spider Eye
- Fermented Spider Eye
- Eye of Ender
- Glistering Melon
- Mycelium Block
- Lily Pad
- Nether Brick
- Nether Brick Fence
- Nether Brick Stairs
Added New Mobs:
- Snow Golem
- Magma Cube
- Baby Animals
- Added Nether Fortresses
- Added Avatar items to the DLC menu
- Added new multiplayer host trust players options for toggling players’ abilities to mine and use items, place blocks, use doors and switches, use containers, attack players, and attack animals
- Updated tutorial world with new biome, and added mini-tutorials for new features
- Updated music disc quests in the tutorial world
- Added custom skin animations, where a skin may have different animations to suit its style
- Added an option to enable/disable custom skin animations (on by default)
- Added a section to brewing, enchantment, and breeding in the How to Play