Treyarch have just announced some new changes to Black Ops 2 that you may or may not be happy about, to start with I’m going to go over some of the stuff you will defiantly be happy about which is the new features to be included within the multiplayer, the new features and feature improvements.
The first of which is something a lot of fans have been asking for, the addition of the Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category, alongside which they have also added some new fixes from added support to post Live Steam URLs to Twitter, improved audio and responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire and the ability to view league teams for any player’s playercard as well as viewing said playercard from League solo leaderboards.
Alongside this they have also added improved Theater and Live Streaming stability as well as addressing issues where some master challenges could not be completed.
However the stuff you may or may not be happy about lies within the new gameplay balancing additions which have seen some guns and Perks reduced somewhat in their ability to kill enemy’s.
The first of which lies within Scorestreaks where they have increased the cost of the UAv from 350 to 425 as well as adding a 750ms delay to the Lightning Strike, they have also added an increased grace period between the trigger and activation of the Bouncing Betty by 200ms, increased the range of the Sensor Grenade to 1000 units with a decreased movement penalty and turn speed when hit by a Concussion Grenade.
Guns will also see some changes, the first of which lies within the SMG class, all of which will receive an increased hip fire recoil, max fire speed and reduced bullet penetration, they have also increased the recoil “slightly” on the MSMC and the PDW-57..
Assault Rifles are also seeing some changes with a reduced idle sway for better long-range aiming, as well as a few changes to specific guns. The XM8 will receive a reduced lethal range and an increased recoil when Select Fire is on, a change which will be added to both the FAL OSW and the SWAT-556, the MTAR’s auto aim value has also been made consistent with all of the other assault rifles.
Sniper Rifles will get an increased hip fire spread, which will be further increased when the laser sight is attached and the XPR-50 will see a slight increase of recoil.
Alongside this the R870 shotgun will have its one-hit kill range reduced and various pistols including the B33R and KAP-40 will have a reduced headshot multiplier.
But that’s still only a few of the changes, for the full list click on the link below, the game update will go live on the PlayStation 3 today, and the Xbox 360 sometime this week, no news on the Wii U however.
- Added support for posting Live Stream URLs to Twitter.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Added a number of security system enhancements.
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Fixed a rare hang (“Awaiting Textures”) upon loading into maps when joining a session in progress after fresh boot.
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed an exploit where modified console hackers could maliciously spread infected films to other users.
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Improved overall Theater and Live Streaming stability.
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Emblem Editor no longer closes the current emblem when discarding changes.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Counter UAV no longer remains for the rest of the game after a host migration.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Offline profiles can no longer be exploited to join online games when an online profile is also signed in.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- XM8: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- XM8 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- MTAR: Made auto aim values consistent with all other assault rifles.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1