You have probably heard lot about Triggertrap recently (we have been talking about them quite a lot), recently launching their newest wireless mobile dongle to use with both iOS and Android devices, the company has decided to gift the full and normally paid app for free this holiday season.
The app which was originally priced at £2.99 will be available to download from today for nothing, all you need afterwards is the Triggertrap mobile dongle, which is priced at around £20.99.
The dongle itself basically allows you to tether your smartphone to a DSLR or Advanced Compact Camera and various features you wouldn’t otherwise be able to access without buying more accessories.
These features include a dozen triggering functions and includes various timelapse functions, sensor controls, facial recognition, multiple HDR capture modes, a DistanceLapse mode which is unique to Triggertrap and allows your smartphone to fire the shhutter over pre-determined distances.
You can find out more by reading the press release.
“Triggertrap Mobile is pretty much the perfect gift for anyone who is interested in photography,” said Haje Jan Kamps, Founder and CEO of Triggertrap. “It’s one of the few photography gifts that are affordable and a must-have tool in any photographer’s arsenal. Our number one goal is for people to easily enjoy and explore their creative photographic potential, and by making the Triggertrap Mobile app free, this has now become even more accessible.”
Triggertrap Mobile Functionality
Whether it’s long time-lapse aimed at the stars in the hopes of capturing an image of a flying sleigh, or the wireless triggering functionality necessary to finally take that memorable shot of the entire family, Triggertrap Mobile truly has a photographer’s needs covered for the holiday and beyond.
Combining the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, cost-effective application, Triggertrap Mobile enables photographers to take their creative photography skills to the next level. It can be used on its own for more dynamic iPhone photography or, to experience its full capabilities, trigger happy photographers can employ the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to tether their iOS device to a dSLR or advanced compact camera. In addition to its standard remote shutter release, Triggertrap Mobile offers more than a dozen unique and creative triggering functions for digital cameras, all of which can now be controlled wirelessly. Beyond its four wireless remote trigger styles, the creativity-expanding Triggertrap Mobile app includes:
- Multiple Timelapse functions: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or get extra creative: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and finally, TimeWarp, a feature unique to Triggertrap, uses algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
- Sensor Controls: Leverages the smart device’s on-board sensors to release the shutter; Sound Sensor Mode uses the microphone to trigger at a set audio level, Seismic Mode fires based on vibrations, bumps or knocks, and Metal & Magnetism Sensor Mode can be used to fire the shutter in their presence
- Facial recognition: Takes a photo once Triggertrap detects the programmed number of faces in the frame
- Multiple HDR Capture Modes: Provides expanded control over bracketed exposures for Long Exposure HDR, or automates Long Exposure HDR Timelapse capture
- DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap, this mode relies on the smart device’s on-board GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances
- Motion detection mode: Triggers camera whenever motion is detected in the frame
- Star trail mode: Allows external cameras to automatically take a series of long exposures in sequence to reduce noise
- Wireless mode: Unique to Triggertrap, this new Wi-Fi triggering technology enables photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-fi network to control the dynamic features of the Triggertrap Mobile app wirelessly
Triggertrap Mobile for iOS localised for a series of languages, including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, and Simplified Chinese
Triggertrap Mobile introduction video: http://vimeo.com/40453214
Triggertrap Mobile for iOS: Click Here
Triggertrap Mobile for Android: Click Here