After huge controversy, Twitter has launched a brand new home timeline for users to opt into on the service.
Announced on their blog today, the new algorithmic timeline has been included in the service in response to pressure that Twitter needs to grow beyond its current user base.
The new algorithm will show you the tweets that Twitter thinks you will car about at the top of your feed on first view, after which it will show the most recent tweets under this list, the recent tweets will also be shown in chronological order.
Once you have finished reading the including tweets you can then pull-up to refesh the timeline, and show the normal live updates timeline.
However, the feature will not be activated automatically, so in order to get it on your account, you did need to change some settings over on the desktop and mobile versions of Twitter.
Here’s how you do that.
- Log in to your account on twitter.com and go to your Account settings page.
- Under Content, look for Timeline and toggle the box next to Show me the best Tweets first to change the setting.
Twitter for iOS:
- On your profile, tap the gear icon and select Settings.
- Tap the account whose settings you’d like to adjust.
- Under Timeline, tap Timeline personalization.
- Next to Show me the best Tweets first, tap to turn it off.
Twitter for Android:
- Tap the overflow icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Timeline.
- Next to Show me the best Tweets first, uncheck the box to turn it off.
You can find out more about the new timeline on Twitter’s blog at the source link.
Source: Twitter blog