This week Microsoft detailed the next update that will be coming to the Xbox One, which will include a range of new features to the console and will be available for those who have subscribed to Microsoft’s Xbox Insiders Program later this month.
These features will include the new Arena feature, which will allow gamers to discover, register, and play in official and user-generated tournaments in Xbox Clubs on both the Xbox One and on Windows 10 systems.
After the update has been released it will allow club owners and admins to create their own arena tournaments, which can be done by following this:
Download the Xbox app (beta) on your Windows 10 PC, go to your Club and click on the “Tournaments” tab then select “Create tournament.” Fill out your tournament info and publish your event. Other members of that Club, or guests if they are allowed, on either PC or Xbox One can then discover, join, and play in your tournament.
There will also be a new Party Overlay feature in the update, which will allow you to see who is speaking in your Xbox party without having to open up the side menu.
It will work like the Achievement tracker and will show an overlay when someone is speaking. You will enable it in the party menu.
Here are all of the other features:
- Share your Looking for Group post on the Activity Feed or through a message
- Unfollow a Club or Game Hub directly from your Activity Feed
- Your profile will display your Arena tournament history and upcoming tournaments.
- For Beam and Twitch broadcasts, you will now have an option in the Guide for your Kinect to locate you automatically.
- Captive Portal support for wireless internet is coming to Xbox One, which allows for Wi-Fi authentication through a browser. Great for colleges, hotels, or public Wi-Fi locations.
- Filter posts on your Activity Feed on the Xbox app for iOS and Android
- On the Xbox app for Windows 10, we’re adding the option to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat.