If you are looking for superfast broadband in the UK, there are two options really, Virgin Media and Hyperoptic (if you are lucky enough to live where they are, in which case, I hate you), and today one of those is going to get even faster.
That’s because Virgin Media changed the way that their plans worked today, making its up to 100Mbps broadband the standard broadband option in the UK while opening up its 300Mbps service to all customers who live in an area that is capable of receiving those speeds.
Before today, Virgin Media had restricted their 300Mbps service to only a selection of customers.
Tom Mockridge, CEO of Virgin Media, said the following about the news:
“By beefing up our bundles we’re leaving our competitors in the rear view mirror, starting where they finish. Eye-watering speeds, a better box and top-notch TV is a winning combination.
“More and more switchers tell us they are joining Virgin Media for our faster speeds and we understand why – whether it’s 4K Netflix, box sets in multiple rooms or online gaming, the best entertainment requires the best broadband and we’re making sure our customers are covered with these bundles at incredible value.”
They have also included line rental within the total quoted cost to make it easier for customers to work out their monthly outgoing, while revealing that their new Virgin TV V6 box is now available to all of their customers with a range of monthly bundles to select from, including Mix, Fun, and Full House.
Here are the new prices for Virgin Media’s broadband:
- Vivid 100 – 100Mbps download, 12Mbps upload – £32.25 a month
- Vivid 200 – 200Mbps download, 16Mbps upload – £37.25 a month
- Vivid 200 Gamer – 200Mbps download, 20Mbps upload – £42.25 a month
- Vivid 300 – 300Mbps download, 20Mbps upload – £47.25 a month
And here are the prices for the new bundles, which include a Virgin TV V6 box:
- Mix bundle with Vivid 100 – £52 a month
- Fun bundle with Vivid 100 – £57 a month
- Full House bundle with Vivid 200 – £73 a month
- Full House bundle with Vivid 300 – £83 a month
You can read more about the news at the source link below.
Source: Virgin Media