The latest World of Warcraft Patch 5.1 was officially confirmed this week and if Blizzard follow their old tradition we may see the patch as soon as tomorrow morning. This is the first content patch to be released since the implementation of Mists of Pandaria and includes some all new features and items. The main content of this patch is a new quest line in the form of The Pandaren Campaign. The Horde and Alliance have begun their conflict over the wilds of Pandaria and fight to gain control over it. This conflict has brought with it brand new daily quests and exciting new World PVP between other players. Here is the patch notes officially released by Blizzard concerning the Pandaren Campaign:
The Pandaren Campaign begins!
- The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ignited a new series of daily quests along the shore of the Krasarang Wilds.
- Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria.
- Players will both valiantly defend their faction’s outpost and assault the opposing faction’s headquarters.
- Two new Reputations have been added: Alliance players can earn a reputation with Operation: Shieldwall, while Horde players will curry favor with the Dominance Offensive.
- Players can follow the story of the Pandaren Campaign through a series of special quests tied to their reputation with the landing forces. Heroes assisting with the war effort will join key characters and faction leaders as the growing conflagration spreads across Pandaria… as well as other locations around Azeroth.
- Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction’s base.
- Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
- Players who are truly dedicated to their faction can spend their commissions on an item that will give their fellows an extra reputation group quest for the day. Horde players can speak with Ongrom Black Tooth, while Alliance players can contact Proveditor Grantley for details.
Other content featured in this path include the Brawler’s Guild. This new activity allows players to have one on one fights against difficult monsters in exchange for money and prizes in an arena. To enter the Brawler’s Guild, one must acquire a Brawler’s Guild Invite from the Black Market Auction House. If you cannot get an invite from the auction house someone already in the guild may invite you to join instead. Each time you win a fight, you are rewarded with a Brawler’s Purse or Bulging Brawler’s Purse, which contains some gold and vendor trash, depending on your ranking and luck. Currently the rewards sold by the Quartermaster don’t require ranking to purchase. This may change in the future, or more rewards could be added. See the video below for the first fight you will take part in! (Quote from MMO-Champion) Here’s more patch notes released by Blizzard:
- Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers who have their mitts on an invitation a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
- Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler’s Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
- Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.
- As their Brawler’s Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
- Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler’s Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
- If this is your first night at Brawler’s Guild, you have to fight.