Today Xiaomi has revealed a new concept phone called the Mi Mix, which is a concept phone that they will be launching for the public.
It features a sleek 6.4-inch edgeless display, which will cover 91.3% of the entire handset.
It also features a full ceramic body, with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor inside along with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of inbuilt storage.
There will also be another version with 6GB of RAM and 256GB of storage and 18k accents.
Both versions will also feature a 4,400 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology and a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera.
Here are the full list of specifications:
– 6.4” edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio—highest on any smartphone to date
– Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives
– Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece
– Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display, replaces traditional infrared proc sensor
– Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys
– Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball allow easy navigation and reachability while keeping Mi MIX sleek and minimalist
– Compact front camera, 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, imperceptibly located along Mi MIX’s “chin”
– Custom round-edged display allowed us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing experience
– Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz
– 4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)
– 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
– Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
– HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution
– GPS high-precision positioning
– 16MP PDAF rear camera
– MIUI 8
The new Xiaomi Mi Mix will start at $516 in the US.